Duct System Design and Installation in Charleston, Mount Pleasant, SC and Surrounding Areas
Ductwork is no simple task. That’s why you should consider hiring a qualified and experienced HVAC company to assist you. One Call Heating and Air’s professional technicians will ensure the accuracy of the system’s size, type, and ductwork design. You can rest assured that your home will receive the optimal HVAC system install for your home.
The Importance of Ducts
Ducts are fundamental for traditional central heating and cooling. Another more common term that is used for ducts is ductwork. Used for heating, air conditioning, and ventilation, they help circulate the air throughout your home. When it comes to ventilation, the ducts help ensure indoor air quality is delivered throughout the system.
When a new central heating and cooling system is installed, it is imperative that the design is laid out correctly. If installed incorrectly, the HVAC system’s efficiency and effectiveness can be reduced by as much as 40 percent. Our professional technicians will ensure that the system’s ductwork works in conjunction with the design of the home, and the HVAC system will work optimally with the layout of the ductwork.
Different Types of Ducts
When it comes to ductwork there are multiple materials that can be used. Below is a list of the materials that ducts are typically made from:
- Galvanized Steel: This is the standard and most common material that is used in homes with central heating and cooling units. Galvanized steel duct has a zinc coating that helps in the prevention of rust.
- Aluminum: This ductwork is very lightweight and also quick to install. Since aluminum can be easily cut and molded, it is used quite a bit in scenarios where custom or special shapes of ducts are wanted or needed.
- Polyurethane and Phenolic Insulation Panels: Also known as pre-insulated air ducts, they don’t require extra insulation unlike aluminum or sheet metal ducts. Pre-insulated air ducts can be installed in a single step.
- Fiberglass: Fiberglass duct board is for homeowners who want an HVAC system that operates as quietly as possible. These panels have built-in thermal insulation and the interior surface of these panels help in the absorption of sound.
- Flexible Ducting: These ducts are constructed from a flexible plastic that is poured and then cooled over a metal wire coil to the shape of a tube. Flex is very convenient when it comes to attaching supply air outlets to the rigid ductwork.
- Fabric Ducting: Fabric ducting is actually an air distribution device rather than a conduit for conditioned air. Typically consisting of a polyester material, these ducts help provide a more even distribution of the conditioned air in a given space.
Give One Call Heating and Air a Call
One Call Heating and Air takes pride in providing heating and air services for the greater Charleston and Mount Pleasant, South Carolina area. We guarantee your satisfaction when you hire us for your duct air conditioning needs. We’re a proud member of the Better Business Bureau and we maintain a rock solid A+ rating.
For your convenience, we are also available after hours and you can reach us twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. We specialize in duct system installations and any other heating and air services you may need.